Thursday, August 9, 2007

My first ATCs!




I've been wanting to get into ATCs ever since I heard about them! ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) are 2.5" x 3.5" works of art -- the way I understand it, you can use any media and turn them into anything you want! ATCs are meant to be traded, never sold, so I made these ones for a "not paper" swap on the Cricut Messageboard. You all know I LOVE paper, so I thought I'd better challenge myself to do something without it!

I just love it when you have a project envisioned in your head and it turns out just as great as you imagined it! I've been planning these for weeks, and I love them so much it's going to be hard to send them off!

The metal card foundation is from Making Memories, and so is the scallop stamp on the sides. Oh, and the little tags are MM too, I think. I punched holes for the lacing with my cropodile. The flourishes are Basic Grey rub-ons, and the flowers are Primas.

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love these! You used metal? Very cool! I've been interested in ATCs too, but I've never created any. I might have to give it a try!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

WOW girl - these are faulous!! Love the lacing of the ribbon - looks beautiful!!
Hugs, TeriBeri

Congrats on making the Chirp - you rock!!