Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More cards for cakes!

My sister who made the gorgeous cake last week has decided to make a side business of it, and things are already going like gang-busters! We loved the cake/card connection so much that we've decided to team up, and I'll be offering coordinating paper crafts to her cake clients -- invitations, cards, party decor, favors, all that sort of good stuff. I decided to make a few projects to go along with some of her other cakes, just so she'd have some examples to show prospective clients.

Here is another totally gorgeous cake she made:


And I made this invite and gift bag to go along with it:


I used my Cricut and Plantin Schoolbook to create the gift bag, George for the shapes and letters, and Celebrations for the party hats.


Amy also made this completely lovely cake after being inspired by this mini-album I made last year:

So I made this cute card/favor combo to go with it:


These use the same Crate Paper combo as I used for the journal. I used my Cricut and the New Arrival cartridge for the "sweet pea" word and image, Mini-Monos for the scalloped circle, and TBBM for the little favor box. I also used a Martha Stewart hydrangea punch for the flowers on the box, and the Stampin Up scallop punch for the brown border on the card.

I'm so proud of my sister for finding something she has a gift for and just going for it -- she's a great example to me of being willing to take risks and try new things.

4 comments:

Snowmanlover said...

Wow what a great idea. Beautiful cake and cards. I know how hard those cakes are to make. My little girl is taking a cake class now. Hop on over to my blog to see some of her cakes!!

Tonya said...

Gorgeous cakes and matching cards and gift bags! Love this! Keep up the awesome work, ladies!

Lisa said...

I just wanted to let you know I that I nominated you for the Circle of Friends award on my blog. I love looking at your blog and the inspiration I get from you. I love your stlye of crafting and espically your vintage look. Details are on my blog for you to get your award and paste to yours. Lisa Scrappinpinklady http://lisasgreetingcards1.blogspot.com Have a happy Thursday.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, I just love how your cards go with the stunning designer cakes and how they complement each other. Way to go.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire