Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's what's inside that counts...


My little sister is going through a really tough time, and I wanted to make a card to tell her that I know she has the strength and beauty inside to get through it.  I thought this sweet matryoshka doll was the perfect symbol for that.  I used this week's sketch from Card Positioning Systems -- it's the first time I've participated in their challenges, but I'm loving their sketches!  I was inspired by last month's issuing of Creating Keepsakes to try pleats, and I love the dimension and handmade touch they give the card.


Materials used:  Paper -- Basic Grey Ambrosia collection; Die Cut -- Cricut Paisley cartridge; Pearl stickers -- Hero Arts; Distressing ink -- Cat's Eye Charcoal

6 comments:

Amy C said...

This is lovely Tomi!! I ♥ that cut. I am going to try and get a card done with this weeks CPS sketch, too.

Hugs,
Amy ♥

Tami said...

Oh gosh this is so adorable!!

Lemon Lane Studio said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colors and the folded technique you used. Very pretty.

jandokan said...

Tomi Ann... wow this card is stunning...
just love it :D
think I need that cart :P

Hugs Anja

Lea L. said...

The paper folding you did at the bottom is fabulous! Great job on your card! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Ramona said...

Beautiful card! I love the pleats and all the stitching.