Saturday, July 17, 2010

Halloween '08 -- ScrapbookPal.com

I'll tell you a secret -- I have never made a Halloween layout I liked.  I don't know what it is about scrapping for this holiday, but I'm just never pleased with the results.  But I used my new Mini Monsters cartridge and black stickles from ScrapbookPal.com, and I have to say that I think I am going to call this one a keeper!  I tried to keep it simple, with just two of my favorite pictures from the night and just a little journaling.  I cut strips of various Halloween papers and layered them, and then tucked the pictures into the layers.  I used a strip of paper tape for the journaling at the bottom, which worked very nicely.  I wanted the paper strip that said "halloween" to stand out a little more so it could be part of the title, so I used my black stickles to dot along the edges, and I love the effect -- just the right amount of bling, without overpowering anything else.  To top it all off, I added this adorable pumpkin from Mini Monsters, which I cut at 2".  Such fun!

Additional materials:  Patterned paper -- Scenic Route, Imaginisce; "Boo" Snap -- We R Memory Keepers; Vinyl number stickers -- American Crafts; Paper Tape -- Martha Stewart Crafts

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Terrific layout! I love it!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Super cute layout! I love Halloween projects!