Friday, April 1, 2011

Last but not least!

And now, without further ado, the last two projects I have to show you from my weekend scrap-a-thon!

This is a quick card I made for a dear friend who has been going through some hard times.  All the paper and elements are from Crate Paper, and I hand-cut the hills.  The scallop border at the bottom is my handy-dandy SU punch and the umbrella came from the Cricut Create a Critter cartridge.




And now, the layout I was most excited to complete!  If you've been around my blog for a while, you might remember that 3 years ago my sweet sister Carissa, who had Down's Syndrome, passed away rather unexpectedly.  I was pregnant with Eliza at the time, and we gave her the middle name Carissa when she was born.  I have always felt a special connection between the two of them.  Well, we used to call Carissa "Sunshine Sissa."  And now that Eliza is finally starting to talk, she calls herself Sissa.  In fact, she's very proud of it and introduces herself to everyone (whether it's strangers at the store or her daddy when he walks in the door at night) by running up to them and announcing: "I Sissa!"  It's just a sweet little thing that I want to remember forever. And isn't that what scrapbooking is all about?  After I thoguht I had finished the layout, I decided I really wanted to reinforce that connection, so I added a tiny picture of Carissa and a little butterfly looking down from above.  Perfect.




The papers here are from Imaginisce and the printed and canvas butterflies are from Making Memories.  The little pink butterfly at the top (by the pic of Carissa) is an EK Success punch.  The letters in "Sissa" are from the Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge.

Thanks for hanging out with me over the past few days as I shared all these fun pages!  Now I am all sorts of in the zone, and I'm sure I'll have more pages to show you soon!  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Amy C said...

Tomi!! You are soooo sweet and that lovely card has a great spot over-looking my scrapping room right now. Thank you for your wonderful friendship and I want you to know how much I love you!! ♥

carrieap said...

I love that Eliza calls herself Sissa! I'm sure Carissa isn't too far away!

Anonymous said...

OH Tomi, I love all your lo's. You are great inspiration to me... Glad you been scraping lots lately... looking forward for more... HUGS... SK :)

Allison and Adam said...

That is really beautiful.