Thursday, February 21, 2013

Stripping... (for ScrapbookUSA Expo)

I love the little strips Basic Grey includes at the bottom of their 12x12 papers -- perfectly usable little bits of paper with pretty patterns using otherwise useless little bits of paper.  Did that make any sense?

This month I got to work with some of Basic Grey's brand new collection -- Kneehighs and Bowties, with an eye towards cards and gifts for kids.  I decided for my first post to make a couple of cards using the little border strips, just to add a few more ideas of what you can do with them.

My first card shows an old favorite for little scraps -- turn them into something bigger!  To create the star on this card, I glued the strips to a piece of scrap cardstock, then cut a star out of it.  The layers of the strip create a lot of texture and interest on the card.  These great letter stickers are by Basic Grey, too.



This pretty card would be perfect for any little girly girl.  I first created the card base, then layered on the border strips to create the V pattern.  Add a few embellishments (the label and flag are stickers from the paper pack), and it's all sorts of adorable!
So don't throw away those cute little border strips!  There are so many fun things you can do with them. :)

No comments: