Sunday, February 21, 2016

Come Unto Me -- Coloring Page #5

***Great news! I'm turning my coloring pages into a beautiful coloring book and journal, which will be published and ready to ship just in time for Christmas! If you're interested, you can pre-order now on Kickstarter!***


This week's "meditate upon the scriptures" coloring page is another personal favorite: "Come unto me, all ye who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28. There is a never-ending stream of things to do -- mom stuff, wife stuff, work stuff, house stuff, social stuff, extended family stuff, service stuff, church stuff, and on and on. And it really does feel like we are "heavy laden" at times. Even when we aren't under the strain of a particular trial, just the work of everyday life can start to feel like it's grinding us down. I find that when I feel that way, it's because I haven't been asking for help from the Savior like I should. He truly will give us rest from the things - big or small - that weigh us down. For more on this, my favorite talk on the subject is "Bear Up Their Burdens with Ease" by David Bednar. Have a lovely week!


1 comment:

angela michelle said...

Thank you so much! These are beautiful! I just printed a bunch for my daughters and I for a Sunday coloring afternoon.