Sunday, June 26, 2016

I am a disciple -- Coloring Page #16

***Great news! I'm turning my coloring pages into a beautiful coloring book and journal, which will be published and ready to ship just in time for Christmas! If you're interested, you can pre-order now on Kickstarter!***

Hello again! I finally have another coloring page for you -- this scripture was a request from my friend Wendy, and I finally have it finished only 10 days too late for the event she needed it for... Sorry, Wendy! But I really do love this bold declaration of discipleship found in 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon, written by Mormon, the prophet who compiled all the records which would one day become the Book of Mormon. His life was so hard - he watched as his whole nation turned away from God until he and his son Moroni were the last disciples of Christ left - but that didn't change his determination to do all he could to follow the Savior and do what he could for his people and for all who would come after. And his identity as a disciple of Christ is what kept him from despair! It gave him joy and courage and wisdom and love, even in the face of the greatest adversity.

I decided to try something different for this week's page and go full-on folk art with the design. I've always loved the intricate flowers and bold shapes, and I thought this would give us lots of fun nooks and crannies to color. Have a lovely week, and check back in next week -- I've already got a page in the works that I really like.

To download this page, just right-click to save to your computer. Make sure you click "fit to page" in case the margins aren't quite right for your printer. Feel free to share!



No comments: